Intent:

For any of you that don't know, I love postcards.
I've decided that this is probably the best way to document my time in Prague: a blog based on photographs and postcards.
I'll post more often this way (hopefully), and there will just be a small amount of text--a postcard's worth. And this way I'll be able to send "postcards" to everyone.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Seeing Contours




I'm taking a "Landscape Architecture Technology" course here. The professor is American (!) and so far he's been having us do exercises to work on our perception of scale, distance and contour in the landscape. Which is something I definitely need to practice.


Today we worked outside: trying to judge certain distances and where we could find level ground. We were only using our eyes and simple tools (ie: string), not full-out surveying. Then we mapped out contours in the snow. Our whole class was tromping through this park trying to mark all points of equal elevation. Pretty hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment