Intent:

For any of you that don't know, I love postcards.
I've decided that this is probably the best way to document my time in Prague: a blog based on photographs and postcards.
I'll post more often this way (hopefully), and there will just be a small amount of text--a postcard's worth. And this way I'll be able to send "postcards" to everyone.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Contemporary Architecture


Today I went to a class about Contemporary Architecture. The day has been overcast and slightly warmer than freezing, so for the first time the indoor temperatures are feeling uncomfortably warm.

Apparently the professor felt the same way--instead of lecturing he took us to a neighborhood north of the campus and we "promenaded" through it looking at contemporary Czech architecture. He mentioned that last semester his leg was broken, so they didn't go on so many excursions. So this might happen more often than I first thought.

During orientation week, one of the presenters warned us about going out for walks with Czechs--because a walk could be an all-day affair. So far that's been fairly accurate. On the trip to Karlovy Vary we would "walk the rest of the way" and it would end up taking 45+min.

We'll see how long these contemporary architecture walking tours take as the semester continues. Today's was about an hour and a half in the misty cold. But still lovely!

1 comment: