Intent:

For any of you that don't know, I love postcards.
I've decided that this is probably the best way to document my time in Prague: a blog based on photographs and postcards.
I'll post more often this way (hopefully), and there will just be a small amount of text--a postcard's worth. And this way I'll be able to send "postcards" to everyone.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Orientation Week


This week was orientation week for all of the international students. They had informational meetings for us, we registered for classes, and then they offered some trips later this weekend o that we can see more of the Czech Republic.

It is going to take awhile to see all of Prague. Sam and I have gone to new places each day, but the paths that we've made through the city are miniscule--a drop in the bucket.

Yesterday the International Student Organization sponsored a "Prague discovery game" in lieu of tours throughout the city. It was a sort of scavenger hunt. We were placed into more or less random teams and then sent on "quests" throughout Prague. Like in the picture above- we had to sketch a silohuette of the Cathedral. Sam and I were on the same team with a couple of guys from Italy and Germany--we ended up winning the entire game. Pretty much just by chance, but still.


No comments:

Post a Comment