Intent:

For any of you that don't know, I love postcards.
I've decided that this is probably the best way to document my time in Prague: a blog based on photographs and postcards.
I'll post more often this way (hopefully), and there will just be a small amount of text--a postcard's worth. And this way I'll be able to send "postcards" to everyone.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Masopust

This morning it was bright and sunny and lovely here in Prague.
Sam had been out early in the morning and had ran across a food festival, so we went back to check it out. The first stand had swirly cut fried potatoes... we asked them what was going on, what the event was called, but they couldn't come up with the translation. "Meat festival" was their closest guess.We tried a lot of different things, all fair food, but nothing like our fair food, that's for sure.

Afterwards Sam and I rode the funicular up Petrin Hill and then walked back down through the park. The views were amazing. Everywhere we went today was pretty crowded--the line for the funicular was crazy, and from what we could see of Charles Bridge, it was packed. First sunny Saturday we've seen, so I guess it makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment