Intent:

For any of you that don't know, I love postcards.
I've decided that this is probably the best way to document my time in Prague: a blog based on photographs and postcards.
I'll post more often this way (hopefully), and there will just be a small amount of text--a postcard's worth. And this way I'll be able to send "postcards" to everyone.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Berlin

Sam and I went to Berlin this weekend. We had Monday off, too, so we thought it would be the ideal weekend to go. It was a good trip. Didn't see anywhere as much as we would like to. I think you could spend a week in Berlin and still feel the same way. I hope to go back for another weekend soon.
Sunday it was rainy all day. We got up early to go see the Reichstag, but figured the 2hr line in the rain wasn't worth it. So we gambled on Monday being sunny-much better weather to see the Reichstag in, anyway, and left the line. We wandered all around in the rain... kept getting really disoriented in Berlin. But then we took a break to dry off in Dunkin Donuts (!). Ran into one of our K-State friends who was also in Berlin.
We visited some outdoor memorials and landmarks while the rain was stopped. We walked through Peter Eisenman's memorial, through Checkpoint Charlie, etc. We got to the Jewish Museum just as it started raining again, and spent most of the afternoon there.

No comments:

Post a Comment