Intent:

For any of you that don't know, I love postcards.
I've decided that this is probably the best way to document my time in Prague: a blog based on photographs and postcards.
I'll post more often this way (hopefully), and there will just be a small amount of text--a postcard's worth. And this way I'll be able to send "postcards" to everyone.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Vacation: London

The first evening in London we rode a double-decker bus through Oxford St. & other parts of town. There were so many people, so much traffic, more than I have ever seen anywhere in my life. It was overwhelming, even more overwhelming to have purely English ads & signs all around, since I haven't had that in months.
We had dinner at a vegetarian restaurant. I had some eggplant fries (wonderful) and a "cheese bake". Despite the name, it was good. I think everyone really enjoyed their food at that place.
The second day we went to Buckingham Palace, went by Westminster Abbey & Parliament, and 10 Downing St, but didn't go in to any of them since it was a Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend, it was pretty tough to get in places.
We did, however go to the Natural History Museum. And that was a good trip. Over in that area we found a lot of restaurants & ate some really good crepes for dinner.
We all flew out early that next day. So glad my family came to visit & traveled with me, but sad to see them go. On my flight, I got to see a perfect view of miniature Prague, absolutely perfect view. So that made me happier. Only a couple more flights before I'm flying home!

No comments:

Post a Comment