Intent:

For any of you that don't know, I love postcards.
I've decided that this is probably the best way to document my time in Prague: a blog based on photographs and postcards.
I'll post more often this way (hopefully), and there will just be a small amount of text--a postcard's worth. And this way I'll be able to send "postcards" to everyone.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Prague with the Fam: Weekend

The next day the big sight we saw was Petrin hill; we rode the funicular up to the top & then walked back down through the park. This is one of my favorite spots… you can see a lot of Prague & there are generally a lot of people out enjoying the weather if it’s nice.
For lunch we had fried cheese. Apparently, everyone was expecting it to be on a stick. Even though I have already posted about it on here (with photos!). For clarification: it’s a patty of eidam cheese, fried, and put on a bun. Like a hamburger bun. I think the consensus was that a little fried cheese goes a long way. For dinner we went out to the Czech Beer festival. John’s parents were visiting, so it was a few of my friends & then family members. I think Emily liked the desserts there better than any food she’d had in Prague. Sweet dumplings stuffed with apricots or nutella & the famous Czech apple pie.
Sunday we went to Mass & had a Czech lunch. Although Emily had pasta, and Mom & I had side dishes, so Dad had a Czech lunch. Then I went to go finish my studio project, and they were on their own. Off to see the zoo, the natural history museum, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment