Intent:

For any of you that don't know, I love postcards.
I've decided that this is probably the best way to document my time in Prague: a blog based on photographs and postcards.
I'll post more often this way (hopefully), and there will just be a small amount of text--a postcard's worth. And this way I'll be able to send "postcards" to everyone.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Rome


Spent a whirlwind 24 hours in Rome last week. John and I arrived in Rome and saw as much as we could see as fast as we could. Our hostel was by the Termini train station & that first evening we walked all the way over to the Vatican, Piazza del Popolo and back to the ruins & Colosseum. The next day we did it all again, saw everything at night & during the day. My favorite things were the Colosseum at night... there was even a full moon. That and the other ruins were incredible, too old for me to really comprehend. St. Peter's was by far the most spectacular church I've ever been in. It took the cake the next day. Chuck came to meet us in Rome, went to the Vatican with us, showed us some of the stuff the K-Staters walked through when they visited Rome.
Had some amazing pizza & gelato... all in all, a great start to my trip to Italy.

1 comment: