Intent:

For any of you that don't know, I love postcards.
I've decided that this is probably the best way to document my time in Prague: a blog based on photographs and postcards.
I'll post more often this way (hopefully), and there will just be a small amount of text--a postcard's worth. And this way I'll be able to send "postcards" to everyone.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Vacation: Paris

We ended up taking the train to Paris from Berlin. It was a long trip, but it was good to see more of the country, and to ride the high speed train from Frankfurt to Paris. Luckily we had some chocolate covered cornflakes (my new favorite "German" snack).
The first night in Paris we went up to Sacred Heart, had crepedillas, and saw the Eiffel tower at night. Paris was rainy, foggy and quite confusing at first, but we were all glad to be in Paris at last.
The second day, we saw Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, a market we happened to run across, and the Opera. That afternoon we had the world's best falafel and then went to the Louvre. That day the weather was spectacular, and that night at the Louvre there were concerts going on in some of the courtyards. It was a pretty remarkable experience.
We took several "stick photos" with the monopod that my dad has. So all of us together, holding the camera out in front of us & taking a picture. It brings joy to lots of people throughout our vacations, and it did at the Louvre. I think people were taking just as many pictures of us as of the building. : )
The next morning we had enough time to see the Eiffel tower, to stand in line and go up to the top,which was incredible. Then we had to catch the train (via the Chunnel!) to London. Most border security I've yet experienced in Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment